Sunday, 24 November 2013

Internet Service in Oz


 http://www.afinite.co.uk/media/85/Connectivity.jpg
When coming to Oz, one of things that you notice coming from the US is speed like watch YouTube or any kind of streaming that it is not as fast using wireless. One of the ways you have to watch for is the uploads speed and getting charge extra. In Australia, you will have so much bandwidth allocated that is free and the providers like Telestra do charge you depending on your internet service plan.  The small plan like ADSL will charge you extra. In the US you did not have this attached. No even AT & T would even dream of such things.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/084/f/8/youtube_wallpaper_hd_2560x1440_by_sawyerthebest-d5z9km2.png
http://www.veterangeek.com/images/telestra.jpg

But the way, you can get around is get a high speed like full T-1. I like the T-1 or better because I don't have the restriction place on it. I can use a router like from Cisco and Cisco ASA firewall filter out the what I want coming and lock down certain ports. It makes for great security. Because securing your home computer network is good common sense.  The quality of a T-1 line or a broadband makes perfect sense. If you are going will like Cable modem and go for just broadband, this will work just as well. Each ISP will have their own plan details dealing with upload and download charges. Most of all, you want to check with each provider in your area to see what is included in internet service plan.
http://www.ilios-resources.com/Images/cisco-logo.png
I discovered about the upload and download charges when I first came to Australia and was a part of my culture shock. I had been used to no charges up to certain bandwidth on internet connectivity when I was in the US. I had AT & T as my provider. It was one of things I discover on accident while watching YouTube in Oz.

http://networkliquidationglobal.com/images/network-equipment/cisco-c1941-waasx-k9.jpg

If you have an computer networking background to understand how to work with Cisco equipment. Then, you can fix the networking in your home how you would like. I would only recommend it if you have that background. For everyone who does not have that the experience, it would be a wise idea to allow your provide to handle it.

Here are list of ISP in Australia that have internet service through out Australia.



Internet Service Providers
Provider
Services
Availability
2easy Telecom
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
aaNet
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
AAPT
ADSL, NBN
Nationwide ex. NT, TAS
Ace Internet Services
ADSL, NBN
NSW, ACT
Activ8me
ADSL, NBN, Mobile, Sat.
Nationwide
Adam Internet
ADSL, Fibre, NBN, Mobile
SA
Aussie Broadband
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
Boom Broadband
NBN
Nationwide
BKB Internet
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
Commander
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
Connexus
ADSL, Fibre, Mobile
Nationwide
DeVoteD
NBN
Nationwide
Dodo
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
E-Access
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
EFTel
ADSL
Nationwide
Engin
ADSL, NBN
Nationwide ex. TAS
Exetel
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
Fortana
ADSL, Fibre
Nationwide ex. WA
Grapevine
ADSL, Cable
Nationwide
iiNet
ADSL, Fibre, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
Internode
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide ex. NT
iPrimus
ADSL, Fibre, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
MyFibre
NBN
Nationwide
MyNetPhone
ADSL, NBN
Nationwide
Netbay Internet
ADSL
Nationwide
Netspace
ADSL
Nationwide
One Broadband
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
Optus
ADSL, Cable, NBN, Mobile, Sat.
Nationwide ex. NT, TAS
People Telecom
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
Pivit
Fibre
NSW, QLD
SlimTel
ADSL
Nationwide
SpinTel
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
Southern Cross Telco
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
Skymesh
NBN, Mobile, Sat.
Nationwide
TelcoGreen
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide
Telcoplus
ADSL, Mobile
Nationwide
Telstra
ADSL, Cable, NBN, Mobile, Sat.
Nationwide
TPG Internet
ADSL, NBN, Mobile
Nationwide ex. NT, TAS
Three
Mobile
Nationwide ex. NT, TAS
Unwired
Wireless
VIC, NSW
Virgin Broadband
Mobile
Nationwide ex. NT, TAS
Vodafone
Mobile
Nationwide
Westnet
ADSL, Fibre, NBN, Mobile, Sat.
Nationwide
ZettaNet
ADSL, Fibre, Mobile
Nationwide





This list of provider is the most update that I have now. The best thing is call and find out which plans do they offer and what is in their internet service plan they office to the public.  Once you are able to have plan that meets your needs, it is easy to do thing that any person needs to do like day trading or communicating to loved ones back home. I know having a good provider means success and failure for being able function and do the things I need done on a daily basis.

Deciding on your internet service is key to determining what you can afford and your current needs.  This is very important. Because being able to communicate via email to professors and classmates will be important. Also, you are wanting to communicate back to the US, you can get Magicjack and get a US phone number or Skype,which are inexpensive to set up and use. Skype I when I was using it was about $25 a year when they first came out. It is probably higher now. But, this give you an idea on what is workable for any situation and any budget. But, it is important to know what you can afford. This information is good and will put you in the right direction and give you some ideas for internet connectivity for the home environment assuming you are renting house or a flat by yourself.

If you like the information that has been presented, bookmark this page and the Law Ranger Blog in your favorites and send the link to it to everyone you know. Blog about it on Facebook, Twitter it  to friends and family. That is the way it unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment